Monday, October 5, 2009

10 Questions on The Art of Problem Posing

  1. I found the first section quite dry. But I do understand that there is an intended audience for this book.
  2. How do you encourage students to pose their own problems?
  3. In respect to the title of chapter 3, what does it mean to accept?
  4. How appropriate is asking a broad question to students who have never really thought about math in terms of problem solving/posing?
  5. How do I make the ideas outlined in these first 3 chapters of the book more relevant in my pedagogy?
  6. With respect to internal and external exploration, which do you think is more effective?
  7. When exactly is it appropriate to start a thought experiment such as problem posing?
  8. Should I encourage students to pose problems for each other?
  9. I love how they let us pose our own problems about a² + b² = c² and showed that there wasn't any problem, but we answered our own questions about the equation.
  10. Overall, I think the rest of this book will be a very interesting read.

No comments:

Post a Comment